Tuesday, December 28, 2010

'Coons Panning on the Porch

A Raccoon at Cologne ZooImage via Wikipedia
I was sitting in the living room reading last night when I heard a little rattling sound.  I bet you know what it was?  That is right - it was a couple of Raccoons on the porch.  One of them - the Boss - I call him is as big as a cocker spaniel.  He has an apprentice who is probably this years pup.  The apprentice is only about 10 -2 pounds or so.  The Boss is 20 minimum.

I was looking at them through the window and the Boss stood up on his hind legs and almost said "feed us you idiot".  So I did.  They ate 2 cups of cat food in less than 5 minutes and left.

But - they are back tonight!  I took pity and gave them more grub.  I am not going to do it again.  When I was about 13 years old me and a friend caught a Coon with the idea we would tame it.  That was not a wise thing to do.  After placing the very pissed off animal in a log cabin in my buddy's back yard we proceeded to harass it and thinking if we gave it food it would start to like us.

It liked the food but did not forget who put it in the unfavorable position it was in.  It finally got it's chance and bit my friend.  Lucky it was not a serious bite but it made us decide that Bobby (the Coons name) was better off in the woods, so we let him go.

They are incredibly dirty animals - not litter trained like a cat, and even though you think they wash the food they eat and from a distance they look so cute they stink.

That is all there is about that, they are not panning for gold just dipping the food like police do with donuts.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google539b69ba2bd62acf.html