Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Yukon River Quest: Not Gold Panning But Fun Anyway.

English: Photo of Dawson City, Yukon, taken by...
English: Photo of Dawson City, Yukon, taken by Michael Edwards on June 10, 2007. For the article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_City (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
This was sent to me ny some travel company that had the idea I was interested in going North. I would normally have spammed it but decided to have a look. I have never been to the Yukon territories but have wondered about it a few times. If I was to go Dawson City is at the top of my list. A couple of cousins lived in Whitehorse as children but moved south in their teens. Better schools.

I have visited the Arctic a couple of times working in Alaska on the pipeline and Canada in the Arctic Ocean on a Dredge building Islands. A story for another time.

Have a read it is a good article..  The Yukon River Quest: The Longest Canoe and Kayak Race in the World - GoNOMAD Travel:



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

google-site-verification: google539b69ba2bd62acf.html